My Favorite Chia Seed Recipes
Chia Vermicelli Kheer-
- Toasted Vermicelli/ Semiya – 3/4th Cup
- Grated Jaggery ( a traditional uncentrifuged sugar) or Organic Cane Sugar – 1/2 Cup ( adjust according to your sweet tooth)
- 2% Organic Milk – 2 Cup
- Organic Ghee – 1 tsp
- Toasted Almonds, and Raisins in 1tsp Ghee
- Cardamom Powder - A dash
- 1 Tbs Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbs Rose Syrup (Optional)
- Add milk to a heavy bottomed pan and bring to boil.
- Add Roasted Vermicelli to the boiled milk and let it cook for 4 minutes (Don't over cook Vermicelli).
- Lower the flame, add jaggery and mix till the jaggery melts.
- Mix up Chia seeds in the kheer.
- Garnish with Almonds, Raisins, a dash of rose syrup and Cardamom powder.
- For thin consistency add more milk.
Chia Seed Lemonade ( one of my daughter's favorite Drink)
- 12 oz cold, Trader Joe's Sparkling Natural Mineral Water
- 1 large lemon (it should produce about 3 tablespoons of juice)
- 2 teaspoons organic sugar or choice of sugar
- one teaspoon fresh chia seeds
-Pour Sparkling Water, lemon juice, sugar in a pitcher. Shake it.
-Add chia seeds, stir it and let it sit for 2 -5 minutes.
-Enjoy the healthy refresh drink.
My Recommendations- Chia Seed Fruit Salad: