My trip to Farmer's market on Friday Mid-Morning in Cupertino square, Cupertino- CA. Filled my bag with:
Red sorrel Leaves (Gongura in Telugu and Chukka bhaji in Hindi)
Salad bags- Arugula, Spinach, Green and Red Romaine
Wild Flower Honey
No harmful chemicals, pesticide free fruits and vegetables (I love it). My humble request; do encourage locally grown food, farmer's market, and support local farmers.
Gongura/Chukka bhaji (Red sorrel leaves) - Rich in Iron
ways to incorporate :
1. Prepare dhal with channa /Masoor.
2. Make chutney/Pacchadi
3. Gongura Pulihora or Chukka bhaji rice.
4. Gongura Mutton curry.
Looking forward for innovative recipes.
Salad Mix: Place salad bags in a bowl and mix with Costco Asian salad
mix or fresh home-made sauce or with fresh fruits.
Fresh untoasted Almonds from Almond fruit... Can make excellent spread for the breads (Coming soon High Protein Spreads for busy moms)
Fill half your plate
with colorful fruits and vegetables at every meal!
Wild flower Honey:
1. Local honey fights allergies.
2. Honey is the secret ingredient for healthy skin.
3. Honey and weight loss are often associated.
4. It is believed that drinking hot/ warm lemon juice with a little
honey the first thing in the morning is an effective anti cellulite
treatment as it helps to increase body metabolism.
Mix 1/2 tsp honey to 1tsp lemon with 1/2 tsp Chia seeds (Look for Chia seeds health benefits from older post) works as a natural detox, curbs appetite and boosts up immunity.
5. To avoid mixing honey and lemon hassle early in the morning mix honey and lemon, store it in squeeze bottle and refrigerate.
1. Good Snack.
2. There are many ways to eat fruit. I like to eat fresh. How do you like?